- This event has passed.
Hoop Dance Course
November 27 @ 19:00 - 20:00
An event every week that begins at 19:00 on Wednesday, repeating until 27th November 2019
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Hoop dance is a fusion of dance, movement and circus style tricks – this is a fun 8 week course.
Emilie Joy Rowell
- This is a multi-level course
- Beginners and people with hoop experience welcome
- No experience or coordination required
- low impact and big fun, hooping burns a similar number of calories to running
- add more tricks and flow to your hoop dance
- develop coordination and map new neural pathways using your non-dominant side
- gain confidence, release endorphins and feel good
- learn in a supportive environment at your own individual pace
“After a long and boring day at work hooping really gave me something to smile about! It also helped my coordination, something that I didn’t think I had any of, but I surprised myself.” – Franca
“I was very surprised how effective and fun a hula hoop exercise workout can be. I thoroughly enjoyed the class, and the members did too.” – Sam Bernard, Studio Manager Fitness and Wellbeing Centre
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING:
- Wear something comfortable that’s not too drapey/long (tangle risk!) and ideally natural fibres (less slippery)
- Go fitness / full bling / costume. Whatever makes you HAPPY!
- Please bring a bottle of water, you will get HOT
Hoops are provided for classes and are available to buy for home practice.
- Early booking – £75 for 8 classes – General price £85 for 8 classes