- This event has passed.
Yoga Foundation Course – Introductory Workshop
9th October 2021 @ 10:00 - 17:00
About the Course:
A Yoga Foundation Course in the tradition of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar lasting 6 weekends and a total of 72 hours. Completion of the course will lead to The Society of Yoga Practitioners (TSYP) Certificate in Yoga . The aim is to provide students with a solid foundation to this approach to yoga which is based on the concept of ‘Viniyoga’. This means presenting yoga techniques according to the needs of the individual, taking into account such factors such as age, sex, culture, interests, therapeutic needs, amongst other individual requirements.
There is an emphasis on learning how to create home practices which can be adapted to meet individual needs as circumstances change.
The course is appropriate for anyone interested in taking up teacher training, or for someone who wishes to have a more in depth idea about the tradition and how it is relevant to their life. There is a balance of theory and practice and an introduction to the yoga ideas of the Patanjali.
This course is suitable for anyone who may be interested in teacher training in this tradition, or for those interested in gaining an in depth introduction to the yoga of T Krishnamacharya and his son TKV Desikachar.
- A mindful, meditative approach to yoga
- Caters to the therapeutic needs of the individual
- Focuses on modifications, variations and sequencing of postures
- Emphasises close attention to breath with movement in asana
- Introduces key concepts relating to the Patanjali Yoga Sutra
“Geoff Farrer is a very experienced yoga teacher is professional and reliable.” Elaine Ewens – Yoga Teacher
What to wear / bring:
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Yoga mat/block(s) or stool
- Pens, paper, notepad
- A course file will be provided
- Introductory day (9th Oct) – £50
- £600 for the course, £550 early booking discount if booked by 31 October 2020 – (Dates of course for 2022 are Jan 29/30, Feb 19/20, March 19/20, April 23/24, May 14/15 and June 18/19)
- £100 deposit for the 2022 course deducted from the cost of the final yoga weekend(s)