- This event has passed.
Children’s Dance Fusion (4-6yr Olds)
19th June 2021 @ 09:00 - 09:45
An event every week that begins at 09:00 on Saturday, repeating until 1st January 2022
An event every week that begins at 10:00 on Saturday, repeating until 1st January 2022
About the class:
Children’s Fusion is a playful and energetic class designed to inspire a love of dance, encourage the freedom of movement, and to provide a dance foundation outside of the restrictive movement of Ballet. The class is structured around storytelling – how do we use our movement to communicate? It will contain hints of the movement and music of the Orishas in the Brazilian Candomble tradition who each have a powerful connection to rhythm, nature, and community. The class will also include inspiration from Brazilian samba, hip hop and modern dance. Students will learn to learn to transform music into movement creating powerful channels of expression and body awareness. Classes will at times be structured to focus on technique and choreography, but our main focus will be play and personal expression.
Children aged 4 – 6yrs
- Inspire a love of dance!
- Freedom to learn dance in a fun and playful setting.
- Creative expression and body awareness.
What to wear / bring:
- Clothes children are comfortable (and excited) to dance in.
- We dance barefoot, but if a child prefers dance shoes, that’s fine.
- No socks please.
- £12 per session/must book full block.
- Payment to be made prior to class via bank transfer.
- Free taster session offered for first class