- This event has passed.
Sprout Kids (7-9yrs)
6th October 2019 @ 13:00 - 14:00
An event every week that begins at 13:00 on Sunday, repeating until 20th October 2019
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Sprout Kids Yoga uses well known stories, fables and games to create a fun and mindful hour. For example, Toe-Ga! Sorting Pom Poms out with our toes, or musical mats, yoga Jenga and partner yoga. Lessons will include storytelling, partner work, and well known games, adapted for yoga practise such as ‘yogi says’ and ‘stuck in the mud’. As well this, the usual sun salutations, quietening and centering practises, and relaxation and meditation will take place.
- Children aged 7-9 (as a rough guideline)
- Kids Yoga helps to increase confidence and coordination, as well as cross lateral movement and balance.
- It has been proven to reduce anxiety, assist neuromuscular development and improve concentration.
- It encourages self-acceptance, a realisation of calm, self control and flexibility.
- But most importantly, it really is a LOT of fun!!
“We’ve noticed such great benefits for the children, both long and short term. They have so much fun and are always excited when its ‘yoga day!!” Hyde Pre-School, New Forest
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING:
- A water bottle would be advisable.
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
- We will be balancing and doing partner yoga, so shorts / trousers / leggins are advised.
- Mats and all other equiptment will be provided.
The taster is half price – and the usual price is £6 a session (which lasts an hour)
Sprout Kids Yoga was born from both a personal love of yoga, and extensive experience working with young people… Seeing the benefits that a Forest School environment gave to children, inspired me to learn and discover more about holistic educational practises. I almost couldn’t believe it, in my first trainee lesson as a teacher, when a group of 10 three year olds remained peaceful and calm, for a whole vipassina meditation.
Seeing such tangible and immediate benefits was inspiring, and now, 18 months on I’m passionate about nurturing a love of yoga (that often seems pre-existing!) in the children and young people that I’m lucky enough to teach. I believe that yoga should be accessible, and the skills and experiences should be transferable to the everyday. Im always happy to help individuals transfer yoga practise from inside the class, to a home or educational environment.