December 12 @ 18:00 - 19:00
An event every week that begins at 18:00 on Monday, repeating until 19th December 2022
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Rocket yoga is a dynamic Vinyasa style practise, each breath is linked with a movement. We build strength with arm balancing and inversions, which are always optional. The practise is designed to get you breathing. The breath is the heart of the practise.
Rocket yoga is the evolution of the Ashtanga sequences – the original power yoga. The movement is more intuitive, making supposedly more ‘advanced’ poses more accessible, it’s an agile, uplifting practise! In my classes, you can expect the opportunity to be in stillness, to be present and explore your internal landscape as well to work hard, should you choose to. You do as much or as little as you like, there are many options! You take the ones that feel best in your body.
- Rocket yoga builds strength in the body and awareness through the breath.
- It’s a moving meditation, taking your attention from your busy thinking mind to the sensations of the body – calming the mind.
- There will be the opportunity to challenge the body, should you wish to, with a sweet savasana to close.
- Life is busy, we don’t spend nearly enough time in stillness, in quiet contemplation; this rest is actively encouraged – we balance the practise.
‘I absolutely love Vikki’s yoga classes and highly recommend them. She is warm, welcoming and knowledgeable; although sometimes challenging, she always makes it clear you should go to your own level, and you never for a second feel inadequate. She offers useful suggestions – and always keeps a gentle sense of humour.
As a group, she engenders a feeling of friendship and trust amongst us. I intend to continue her classes as long as I am able!’ Claire R.
‘Vikki is a wonderful teacher. She manages the balance of teaching a strong yoga class for all abilities very well. I always feel revitalised after the classes and love the sentiment she brings to the mat’ Caroline S.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable fitted clothing, loose or baggy tops have the potential to get in your way
- Bottle of water
- Your own yoga mat
£10 per class, payable in cash on the day.