- This event has passed.
‘Jiggety-Jig’ – Music Class (2-3yrs)
17th February 2022 @ 09:45 - 10:15
An event every week that begins at 09:45 on Thursday, repeating until 8th December 2022
About the class:
Monkey Music are award-winning music classes for little ones.
Jiggety-Jig is our fun and confidence-building Stage 3 class for 2 and 3 year olds where we develop a strong musical foundation. Movement and exploration take on more significance in our little ones’ play and learning and they sing, dance and move with their friends, harnessing their sense of rhythm and inspiring them to create their own special music.
Our little ones learn to notice patterns in music that are the foundation of our early mathematical skills, and our rhythmical songs and activities also greatly encourage early speech development. Pretending is an important new area of learning as they explore and express their ideas amongst our fun half-termly topics, whilst social skills such as sharing and listening lead to greater independence and tons of fun with their friends – I really love to see our Jiggety-Jiggers grow in self-confidence and build relationships with each other in class!
Then, of course, it’s time to play! New and exciting instruments provide wonderful opportunities to develop musical and fine motor skills, whilst enabling our little ones to make choices and show their preferences. Playing their instruments helps to instil a certain amount of self-awareness as they learn to respond to instructions and to concentrate a little more. Every child always has their own individual set of professional instruments (and we use real instruments, not toys!) and all instruments and props are cleaned carefully and thoroughly between classes (and quarantined where necessary) so that you can rest assured that your child is safe to explore them.
Come and have fun with us in your free first class – I can’t wait to meet you!
- 2 to 3 year olds (pre-school)
- Sharing precious time with your little one and engaging with them in their learning.
- Builds self-confidence through exploration and self-expression.
- Encourages creativity as children are inspired to create and perform their own music.
- Supports social, emotional and physical development, speech and language, cognitive and early mathematical skills.
- Develops skills of sharing and turn taking whilst making friends and having tons of fun!
“Your classes are hands down the best music class we’ve done! I LOVE doing it with her and she lives for you and your class each week!”
“My heart absolutely melted this morning seeing the pure happiness and enjoyment that O gets from your classes!! Thank you!!”
“She is learning so much whether we are in class or online – I can’t tell you how much Monkey Music has done for her development!”
“My little one loved her first baby class! Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome – I was very nervous but I absolutely loved it!“
“We only wish we’d found your class earlier!”
What to wear / bring:
- I provide individual sets of instruments, props and everything you need to enjoy our classes, so all you need to bring is yourselves!
- Wear whatever feels comfortable and allows you to move around freely.
- We sit on individual floor mats during class, but you may bring a small blanket to make your space more cosy if you wish.
- Windows are open for ventilation, so when the days become more chilly, I recommend layers for you and your little one so that you can make sure you are both comfortable.
- If you enrol onto regular classes, your little one receives a Monkey Music cotton t-shirt in their Welcome Pack, which they may like to wear to class!
- Your first class is free!
- £6.50 per class, payable either monthly or termly.
- Bookings can be made online at bit.ly/monkeymusicfrome