- This event has passed.
‘Jiggety-Jig’ Pre-School Music Class
May 21 @ 10:50 - 11:20
An event every week that begins at 10:50 on Thursday, repeating until 9th July 2020
About the class:
Monkey Music are award-winning music classes for little ones. Jiggety-Jig is our pre-school class for 2 to 3 year olds where we sing, dance and move to the music and harness our older toddlers’ sense of rhythm, whilst using engaging props, images, music, stories and poems to inspire our little monkeys to create their own special music.
Our little ones learn to notice patterns in music that are the foundation of our early mathematical skills, and our rhythmical songs and activities also greatly encourage our early speech development. Then it’s time to play! Every child always has their own instrument, with enough of each type to go round, and we use real instruments, not toys. Playing their instruments doesn’t only help our little ones to develop musical and fine-motor skills but also a certain amount of self-awareness as they respond to instructions and learn to concentrate a little more.
I really love to see our Jiggety-Jiggers grow in self-confidence and become more independent as they explore and express their ideas, and build relationships with each other. Come and have fun with us in your free first class – I can’t wait to meet you!
- 2 to 3 year olds (pre-school)
- Opportunity to share precious time with your little one.
- Builds self-confidence through exploration and self-expression.
- Encourages creativity as children are inspired to create and perform their own music.
- Supports social, emotional and physical development, speech and language and early mathematical skills.
- Develops skills of sharing and turn taking whilst making friends and having tons of fun with other little monkeys!
“Edward and Eleanor both love Monkey music. Alison is amazing. The music really helps them get a sense of rhythm and I can see how it could help language development.” – Monkey Music mum
“Ali from Monkey music came to do a session at our preschool and had children aged 2-mesmerised! There was plenty to keep them entertained including singing, dancing, musical instruments and parachute games, we would highly recommend her sessions!” – Pre-School Manager
What to wear / bring:
- I provide everything you need to enjoy our classes, so just bring yourselves.
- Wear whatever feels comfortable and allows you to move around freely.
- We sit together on floor mats during class and we ask everybody to take off their shoes to keep the space nice and clean for the little ones.
- If you enrol onto regular classes, your child receives a welcome pack which includes a lovely t-shirt to wear to class.
- First class is free.
- £5.75 per class, payable termly in advance (or pro-rata if booking part-way through the term)
- Bookings can be made online.