August 17 @ 10:00 - 11:30
An event every week that begins at 10:00 on Wednesday, repeating until 7th September 2022
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Fun and friendly, these are gentle yoga classes where you don’t have to be super flexible or have a bionic body! Yoga teacher Elaine Marie Ewens will guide you through a series of postures, plus breathing, sound and visualisation practices. The style of yoga is in the Krishnamacharya/Desikachar tradition where the practise is modified to be tailor made to suit each student.
Elaine Marie Ewens
- Both men and women, beginners and experienced are encouraged and the classes are suitable for most abilities and ages
- Improve your sense of well being, in body, mind and spirit
- The breath is key in this approach, intending to create a serene, meditative state in the practitioner.
- By individual attention Elaine will aim to ensure you stretch and strengthen yourself in a safe and healthy way. No prior experience of yoga is needed; beginners are really welcome.
- A different theme will be explored each term – eg. balance or happiness – creating a light hearted but insightful entry into the world of yoga and yourself.
“I love being in your class. By the end I feel awash with relaxation and happy hormones.” Morwenna, Frome
“I started the….morning yoga classes with Elaine Ewens in February and I am so glad I did! I felt welcomed by the group and really enjoy Elaine’s approach. She is sensitive to each person’s needs and the group as a whole.” Emma Cashdan, Frome
“Today was lovely – I always enjoy your classes but today was extra-special and my back is thanking you.” Caroline Le Vine, Frome
“Not only is Elaine beautifully flexible in her body, but more importantly in her teaching. She responds to the ever-changing needs of the class and to the individuals within it. This is made possible because she is open and deeply grounded, like the dandelion which is her symbol.” Mandy Griffiths
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING:
- Please wear loose clothing such as a t-shirt top and leggings/tracksuit bottoms
- Please bring a yoga mat or something similar
- A blanket and water are also ideal