- This event has passed.
‘Ding-Dong’ Music Class (3-4yrs)
May 19 @ 12:30 - 13:00
An event every week that begins at 12:30 on Thursday, repeating until 14th July 2022
About the class:
Monkey Music are award-winning music classes for little ones.
Ding-Dong is our fun yet challenging Stage 4 class for 3 and 4 year olds. This amazing, advanced class sees further development of a strong musical foundation which prepares your child for a lifetime of music!
In Ding-Dong, our pre-schoolers make friends, take turns and develop creative, language, mathematical and social skills, whilst becoming absorbed in a wonderful musical education. Your child will develop skills such as reading rhythm notation; composing and performing their own pieces; listening to, recognising and discriminating between the sounds of different families of instruments, and even playing instruments of the orchestra to find out first-hand how they work. It paves the way for a bright musical future and is the perfect preparation to learn to play an instrument of their own later on!
In addition to musical creativity, we encourage exploration of ideas through dance, singing and storytelling in Ding-Dong, with engaging props, images, music, stories and poems to inspire our little ones’ innate imagination. Pretending is an important area of learning as they explore and express their ideas amongst our fun half-termly topics, whilst social skills such as sharing and listening lead to greater independence and tons of fun with their friends!
When it’s time to play, a variety of exciting instruments provide wonderful opportunities to develop musical and fine motor skills, whilst enabling our little ones to make choices and show their preferences. Playing their instruments helps to instil a certain amount of self-awareness as they learn to respond to instructions and extend their focus and concentration, contributing to their school readiness as they move on to a new and exciting chapter when they eventually leave us. Every child always has their own individual set of professional instruments (and we use real instruments, not toys!) and all instruments and props are cleaned carefully and thoroughly between classes (and quarantined where necessary) so that you can rest assured that your child is safe to explore them.
Come and have fun with us in your free first class – I can’t wait to meet you!
- 3 to 4 year olds (pre-school)
- Sharing precious time with your little one and engaging with them in their learning.
- Builds self-confidence and creativity through exploration and self-expression, inspiring children to create and perform their own dances, stories and music.
- Supports social, emotional and physical development, speech and language, cognitive and early mathematical skills.
- Develops school-readiness skills of sharing and turn taking whilst making friends and having tons of fun!
- Paves the way for a bright musical future – the perfect preparation to learn to play an instrument of their own later on!
“Your classes are hands down the best music class we’ve done! I LOVE doing it with her and she lives for you and your class each week!”
“My heart absolutely melted this morning seeing the pure happiness and enjoyment that O gets from your classes!! Thank you!!”
“She is learning so much whether we are in class or online – I can’t tell you how much Monkey Music has done for her development!”
“My little one loved her first baby class! Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome – I was very nervous but I absolutely loved it!“
“We only wish we’d found your class earlier!”
What to wear / bring:
- I provide individual sets of instruments, props and everything you need to enjoy our classes, so all you need to bring is yourselves!
- Wear whatever feels comfortable and allows you to move around freely.
- We sit on individual floor mats during class, but you may bring a small blanket to make your space more cosy if you wish.
- Windows are open for ventilation, so when the days become more chilly, I recommend layers for you and your little one so that you can make sure you are both comfortable.
- If you enrol onto regular classes, your little one receives a Monkey Music cotton t-shirt in their Welcome Pack, which they may like to wear to class!
- Your first class is free!
- £6.50 per class, payable either monthly or termly.
- Bookings can be made online at bit.ly/monkeymusicfrome