- This event has passed.
Birch Tree Folk Choir
October 8 @ 19:00 - 20:30
An event every week that begins at 19:00 on Tuesday, repeating until 17th December 2019
ABOUT THE CLASS:
Birch Tree Folk Choir is all about connection – to ourselves, each other, our communities, and the world around us. We are a fun, friendly, welcoming and inclusive choir rooted in nervous system research – the warm ups, breathing, exercises and singing styles have been specifically selected and designed to connect with the body’s healing systems; easing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and reducing depression. We sing beautiful arrangements of folk songs that connect us with the land around us and our heritage and ancestors, and begin each session with a guided meditation that helps realign the nervous system and relieve the pressures of modern life.
- The choir is open to everyone; singers of all levels of ability and confidence are welcome.
- We sing by ear, so no experience of reading music or prior choral experience is necessary.
- Meet and connect with new friends in a warm, friendly and supportive environment
- Boost mental and physical well-being through singing together
- Learn beautiful folk song arrangements from locally and around the UK, that connect us with our landscape, heritage and to each other
I am really pleased and excited to be bringing Birch Tree Folk Choir to Frome. Having studied Music at university alongside gaining my teaching qualification, I have always used music to enhance my work, through a number of years as a classroom teacher across the whole primary age-range, to my current role of working with older and more vulnerable adults, using music in residential and community settings to enhance mood, promote well-being and social engagement, and to connect with past memories and experiences. I know that belonging to Birch Tree Folk Choir brings all of these benefits and more, and I hope to be able to welcome you to our Frome choir. Please do get in touch to find out more and to register your interest.
‘I was nervous going for the first time not being a ‘singer’ but it’s been good fun’ Janet
‘I love the choir! Tuesday nights are now my favourite nights!’ Jane
‘This is the choir that I’ve been looking for all my life! It’s perfect, connecting well-being with a love of landscape, history and singing together.’ Kiri
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING:
Dress to feel comfortable and relaxed, and please bring a bottle of water to keep hydrated during the session.
- Pay as you go – £10 per session, come along as and when you like.
- Termly membership – £9 per session, paid in advance at the start of term.
- Early Bird Termly membership – £8 per session; book and pay by 20th August.
- Payment can be made on the door or via our website in advance.