- This event has passed.
‘Be Kind to Your Mind’ Yoga
March 29 @ 10:30 - 12:00
An event every week that begins at 10:30 on Monday, repeating until 29th March 2021
About the class:
Whether you are hoping to ease stress and learn to relax, reduce anxiety, depression, insomnia, chronic pain or fatigue – this course can provide you with simple, effective Yoga techniques to help you feel better, mentally, physically and emotionally.
A gentle, supportive class, combining stretching, strengthening postures, breathing practices, mindfulness and deep relaxation – to ease you towards a healthier body and calmer mind.
If you have thought about doing Yoga before, but worried that you are not ‘bendy’ enough, ‘fit’ enough or you do not have the confidence to attend a general Yoga class – then give this gentle course a try. We will explore the yogic approach to managing and experiencing good mental health and wellbeing.
- Small class size – relaxed, welcoming and safe environment.
- Suitable for all abilities & experience.
- Positive, non-competitive, trauma sensitive environment.
- Caring, experienced, encouraging teacher.
- Emphasis on a safe, comfortable, empowering practice.
“Julie has excellent skills to remind you to be present in the moment. These classes have been such a relief and sanctuary in the midst of the turmoil of my illness.”
“The course has been a lifesaver for me as I suffer from depression, anxiety, M.E. and loneliness. The classes have really helped and I value them immensely/given me a reason to get out of bed!”
“This course has absolutely been the best thing I have EVER done !!”
What to wear / bring:
- Please wear comfortable clothes.
- Please bring your own yoga/exercise mat and block or cushion.
- Your own blanket to keep warm.
- A bottle of water.
This is a free course. Please register with Somerset Wellbeing and Learning Community, please see their details below to book.